Sunday, July 1, 2012

New York Day 22: Goals accomplished

Today we woke up early to watch Meet the Press. It was...interesting...They talked about Obamacare. Luckily I knew about the new bill that was just passed or else I would have been completely out of the loop. We had to write a broadcast story afterwards.

In other news, today was pretty eventful. Aleisha and I went to get some clothes. We both surprisingly got like 1 garment even though we've ben complaining for the longest that we need some new clothes! We then acted as big girls and bought some groceries. The prices we spent on it was not appealing at all, so we're definitely not going to be buying anything else any time too soon!

Later on today, we sat downstairs with our other doormats and watched the BET Awards. It was pretty cool. We met some people and had fun. The show was a little bit more than entertaining. I sometimes wonder about the Awards show because they're typically unorganized and terrible! But I was wrong in all kind's of way's and I'm happy about that. The show was great. The Whitney Houston tribute was amazing and touching. It was awesome to see so many celebrities, men & women, rappers and young people the same, just join together to celebrate someone so amazing.

She touched so many lives and it showed even more tonight. It was amazing for me to witness that. It was also pretty cool to see Beyonce and Jay Z out and about from their top flight security! They never touch anything involving BET and for good reason I'm sure! But where one is, the other is close by! They were pretty cute together, I must admit.

But the highlight of the show (and I don't say that proudly) was Kim Kardashian! It surprised me to even see her there! But surprised me even more to see her discomfort throughout the whole show! She didn't understand what was going on! She didn't seem to fit in and it was so obvious! She was so uncomfortable. Which also surprised me because she's been with two other black guys before Kanye sooooo I'm wondering why she was acting like that, lol. It was classic.

The third highlight of the show was when Jay Z and Kanye accepted their award. Jay z said his 'thank you'd' and once Kanye started in on his, Jay (yeah we cool like that, I can call him Jay, lol) interrupted him. It was great! I know it's going to be every kind of article about that in the a.m!

No comments:

Post a Comment