Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New York City Day 45: Liberty

Today was adventurous! We finally saw the statue of Liberty first hand! It was great! At first we walked through a park to see it, then we decided to smarten up and ask someone how much the ferry was. Jackpot! It was free! So we boarded the ferry and saw...nothing until we got to Staten Island, lol. We get to Staten Island and board the ferry again to get back to Manhattan and we're on the wrong side again! We eventually found our way to the right area of the ferry and we saw the statue all big and pretty in the sky! It was great!

Afterwards, we sat down and got some air. We had a good time laughing and carrying on! We decided to go to an African American wax museum. We get to Harlem 116th street and see no museum! We thought all was lost, UNTIL, we kept walking and saw one of the most beautiful sights. It was amazing! I heard water rippling and dogs barking. We walked into an amazing park. I mean you have to be there to see it.

It was so beautiful. The formations of the high rocks and the murky green water, lol, it was a sight to see! We were walking alongside the green pond and saw so many turtles in there. It was so cute! They kept sticking their heads outside the water and checking us out! And of of course you had your usual geese, ducks and pigeons flying around everywhere.

As we were walking, we saw this humongus set of steps and I saw a challenge! I decided to run up the steps and I almost passed out, lol. It was sooo high and sooo intense. I definitely underestimated it! I don't know what I was thinking! That was an amazing workout though. We sat down after that and we began to sight see. We saw this pair of dogs who happened to be brothers. They were so cute. One of them swam in the water to play with the ducks and geese I guess. I mean, he literally swam across the pond. It was interesting. I was just so curious to know what the ducks and geese were thinking as they swam away from him and behind him. It was amazing. The dog's brother was very interested to see where his brother was. He was looking for him and it was the cutest thing. I mean, the entire thing was so adorable!

We went home a little while afterwards, but we definitely plan to visit that spot again!

No comments:

Post a Comment