Wednesday, July 18, 2012

New York City Day 39: TJMS

Today, Lauren and I co-produced the Tom Joyner Morning Show. Demeshia was in attendance with us. Bless her soul, she has to get up every morning with us and assist in co producing the show. She can do it though...she HAS been doing it!

Before going to sleep, I slaved searching for stories and turned them in...to my dismay, I thought I would get some good sleep...try again! I forgot who I was working for, lol! She told me to trash all 8 of my stories that I WROTE BROADCAST STYLE!!! Lol, that was not easy for me to do. After turning in more stories, I hit the sack.

Me 'play' sleeping at ABC studios sitting with
Jacque Reid while she co-hosted the
Tom Joyner Morning Show.
I went to sleep at around 1:30 and woke up at around 4:40am. Surprisingly, I wasn't THAT sleepy. I really wasn't that tired. Come to think of it, I did ask the good Lord to provide me with strength and energy for today and THAT he did! We got in the cab at around 5:15am and was at the show until around 10am. The show was funny. We got nicknames, "The Jacquettes!" J. Anthony Brown had Ms. Reid cracking up for theeeee longest time!

Bill Bellamy was a guest, I've always had a crush on him! I didn't know he and Shaq were cousins!

Afterwards, I headed to theGrio. I worked on a slide show I started on Monday. Take a look here. I really like this slideshow. It took me a nice amount of time to complete it! I worked on other assignments throughout the day as well. Today was a pretty good day, I must say that. I was a little tired, but who isn't these day's?! It was raining and that kind of scared me because I didn't understand why it was so dark. I mean, it was really dark at like 4pm and the rain was pouring! It hasn't really rained since we've been here, but it's been meaning to, so I guess it was finally catching up with us.

I got to my room later on in the day and was finally able to wash my hair after...I'm not going to say how long! I'm just glad I was able to do it! Then I had a nice convo with my mom and the day ended well. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment