Monday, July 2, 2012

New York City Day 23: Feeling good

Today I received some good news...I can't really disclose it, just know that it made my day! I had a pretty cool day at the Grio. The mind is a very powerful thing. I learned that you must learn to act on your thoughts in order for anything to come to pass. You have to be proactive in what you want. You have to DO something to GET something...simple. Just thought I'd share that.

After the Grio, me and a friend had a lil lunch date. I miss her. I feel like we haven't really spent time together since we've been here! We were able to talk about, the good, the bad and the future of our experiences here in New York. She get's me. She really get's me sometimes. It felt good to be able to communicate with someone who can truly relate to what you're going through. What I appreciate about my friend is that she's not one to soften any blows with me. She gives me the truth as she see's fit. I value that about her. Friendships like that come a dime a dozen.

On another note, tomorrow, we're suppose to go to Essence Magazine and get interviewed and photographed. I for one am umber excited. We all talked about the fact that we should be on the cover on Essence and every other magazine out there because of the fact that this is an amazing opportunity. But we were thinking that that would happen somewhere along the lines of the 7th or 8th week or something, lol. All and all, I'm pretty excited about the shoot. This is a pretty big deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment