Wednesday, July 25, 2012

New York City Day 46: Change of plans

So yesterday, Alexis sent me an assignment and told me to look up iconic African American hairstyles. I looked them up today and didn't expect to be working on it the entire day, lol! I really didn't! My fingers were so tired. I literally spent 8 hours of my day and looked up pictures for these hairstyles. I didn't want to just put any picture up there, I wanted to put up good hair pictures that said something! It was very intense and I'm still not done. I wounded up having around 36 pictures. Friday I'm suppose to put some really good captions in them. 

After that, Sequoyah and I headed down to the CNN center for our meeting with Roland Martin. We get there and NO ROLAND, lol. We were literally about to cross the street and find ourselves there when we got a text from Briana/an email form Demeshia saying that it's been canceled. I was a little frustrated by that because I could have gone straight to my dorm from the Grio, BUT, Sequoyah and I decided to continue our journey of sightseeing, lol. 

We went to the Apple store and met a pretty cool employee. He was REALLY cool and VERY funny! He invited us to this lil function happening later on (every guy we meet is always inviting us out to some party! We met a crossing guard that was suppose to tell us how to find a steak-n-shake and he told us where to find a better version of steak-shake while also inviting us to this each party for $65! Crazy). The guy's name was Jebel. He was cool. 

We went to FAO Schwartz after that and relived some childhood memories. FAO Schwartz will do that to you though. We went home afterwards. I had my one on one meeting with Frank Miller tonight (in case I didn't tell you, he is also a member of The Reid Group...in a sense). He had an assignment to do a story on all us girls and in order to do that, he had to do an interview. It was interesting. He was smiling for the most part of the interview, which was new to me because I rarely see him smile. It was good to see it, but it made me wonder what he was thinking. I really wish he'd learn to open up more, but I don't know, some people are just good with one on one's.

Later on in the evening, me and a few of the other girls had a little party, lol. We were playing around and watching Beyonce videos, dancing to Michael Jackson, free styling, lol! It was great! We all need to let loose every once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment