Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New York City Day 31: Broadcast!

Today at the Reid Group, we did a looooot of broadcast writing. It is not easy, I must admit. I just feel so constrained in print because you have to write thing's a certain way EVERY SINGLE time. I also have to write in the past tense form when I'm writing for print. So when I'm trying to write for broadcast, it's difficult because I have to write in present tense and not only that, but I can't give as much detail. It's hard to try to condense almost two pages worth of information into no more than three sentences! I have to be short, sweet and to the point! Lol, I'll get it together though.

Mara Schiavocampo came and spoke to us about news packages and how to stand out as interns. First off, she is soooooooooo adorable!!!!! Lol, I just kept cheesing at her because she was so welcoming and genuine in everything she was saying! She couldn't stay too long unfortunately, but she left us with enough information. Here's some of the thing's that were said.

  • Alway's look for way's to set yourself apart from the pack
  • Look within your passion and think of way's where you could do thing's that everybody else isn't doing
  • In finding story ideas, always remember, if the story interest you, it probably interests someone else
  • In reference live shots, don't look around when you're on camera.

We also had one on ones with Ms. Reid. I'm alway's curious to know her thoughts about me and the Reid group as a whole. Lol, I just wonder what goes on in her head as she hears us talking to each other. I'm mostly curious to know if se's thinking the same thing I'm thinking, lol! But our talk wasn't so bad. It wasn't bad at all actually. I told her how things were going at my internship and I let her know how I felt about the live shots and different thing's we've been doing throughout our time here. Nothing bad of course!

She then told us that we may not be able to go to this AMAZING party thrown by A.J Calloway and others! Lol, I would be so hurt if I couldn't go. A.J and me go waaaay back, he's going to be expecting me there! Lol, no really, I feel like we need to be there. Hopefully we'll have impressed her by Friday so she'll let us go! Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment