Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New York City Day 32: Being honest with myself

So today was Grio day! I spent the majority of my day transcribing. Which is cool sometimes, I don't really fret too much over transcribing because, hey, it keeps me busy! I also posted up some stories. Have a read, have a read. Now I'm sure you noticed, if you took a peak at the story, that my name isn't on those posts. Now that is because I did, what we call in the business, lol, a 'web-run down.' I pretty much searched for interesting stories through websites that the Grio partners with.

That was the just of my day for the most part. You know, in interning for the Grio, I confirmed that I have an active spirit. I'm not one to sit for long periods of time and still be expected to produce immaculate work. I know me! I've known me for a very long time. And I've known me long enough to know that some thing's I'm just not going to comprehend. Some thing's just aren't going to keep my attention. Some things, no matter how interesting to someone else, is just not going to interest me. And you know what, I'm ok with that.

Anyone trying to force me to think the way that they think is only going to result in disappointment for both sides, lol, I've come to that conclusion. People have to accept that people do not think like they do, why? Because they weren't raised how they were raised. People have to accept that people don't act like they do, why? Because no one person responds to the experiences that take place in life, the same. I am learning to be comfortable with being me. I am learning to be comfortable in my own skin because I'm me for a reason. I'm here for a reason. Not saying that I'm not open to grow (because I've been growing everyday), but I'm open to adjust. In speaking from the heart, I just thought I'd mention that.

No comments:

Post a Comment